It’s important to us that we continue to support you and your career in ways that are relevant to you! Please suggest topics freely.
How to Prevent Stress with Essential Oils
Modern Life is full of deadlines, frustrations, and demands and for many people, stress is so common that it has become a way of life. You can prevent stress with essential oils. In this post you’ll learn about the background of essential oils, the four different grades of essential oils, how to use them, and which ones use to prevent burnout and stress.
Essential oils are considered mankind’s first medicine and have been used around the world for centuries. Research dates the use of essential oils back to 4500 BC. Ancient Egyptians were the first to discover the potential of fragrance, and records demonstrate that oils and aromatics were used for treating illness and performing rituals and religious ceremonies in temples and pyramids.
The reintroduction of essential oils into modern medicine first began during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. As people began to experience bad side effects of prescription and over the counter medications, they began to turn to more natural ways to improve their health.
Currently, there are four grades of essential oils on the market
- Synthetic: Toxic chemical fragrances found in shampoos, lotions, perfumes, etc.
- Food: Used in cooking extracts, dressings & chewing gum.
- Therapeutic: Used in massage and aromatherapy, but is not regulated and can be harmful if ingested.
- Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade: Highest quality with extensive shelf life and safe for all uses.
There are three ways to use essential oils.
- Aromatically: Breathe in or use a diffuser to clear the air, open airways, and improve your mood.
- Topically: Apply to the bottoms of the feet or affected areas to give direct relief and support specific needs.
- Internally: Drop in water, under the tongue or into a gel capsule to support mouth, throat, digestive and overall health. (Only use CPTG oils or oils that say they are safe to ingest on the label!)
The Best Essential Oils to Prevent Burnout & Stress
- Lavender: Affects the cardiovascular system, emotional balance, nervous system and the skin. Used aromatically, it promotes consciousness, health, love, peace and a general sense of well-being.
- Citrus Blends (Wild Orange, Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit, & Bergam): These oils are natural mood lifters and can help detoxify the body of petrochemicals and heavy metals that are stored in fat cells. They can be used aromatically to instantly lift your spirits and internally to help the digestive system.
- Clary Sage: Affects the hormonal system and has long been used as a sedative, anticonvulsant and nerve tonic. It relieves depression and is very effective for menopause and PMS.
- Ylang Ylang: Has been used for centuries as an antidepressant and sedative. It’s also great for calming and helping to alleviate anger.
By using these essential oils you can start managing your stress in a healthy way! Which essential oils do you use?