NHI’s Cynthia Ribeiro Elected to The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) has announced NHI’s Advanced Neuromuscular Therapy Manager and Education Specialist Cynthia Ribeiro was positively voted through by Certificants to join the NCBTMB Certification Board, effective March 1, 2020.
Cynthia Ribeiro is an expert practitioner, instructor, facilitator, founder, presenter, and business owner. She combines her superior knowledge base, curricular development skills, teaching abilities, and overall understanding of the industry to deliver top-notch instruction to both students and fellow instructors at ten NHI campuses.
Cynthia has been Board Certified for over two decades. She believes Board Certification is the “pinnacle of professional development” with the power to “provide opportunities for massage therapists to be part of the non-pharmacological solution to the nationwide opioid epidemic and pain management.” Furthermore, she believes Board Certification “elevates the professional to the high standard required of other health care professionals and is a credential that will be sought out as criteria to engage in this important initiative.”
When asked why she wishes to join the NCBTMB Certification Board, Cynthia stated, “The National Certification Board has the opportunity to elevate the profession through Board Certification and its Specialty Certificate exams. I believe elevating the profession through higher levels of education and demonstrating the knowledge of therapists through competencies is a must—and Board Certification does just that.”
- American Institute of Massage Therapy, Costa Mesa, CA – Certificate in Post-Graduate Sports Massage Training Program
- Art & Science of Massage, Seattle Massage School, Seattle, WA – Certificate
- Hospital of San Camilo School of Health Science, Sao Paulo, Brazil – Surgical Nursing
- University of Physical Education of Santa Andre, Sau Paulo, Brazil – Bachelor of Science, Physical Education
- Continuous studies in Anatomy, Physiology, Neuromuscular Therapy and massage techniques and modalities
- National Holistic Institute, Advanced Neuromuscular Therapy Manager and Education Specialist
- Western Institute of Neuromuscular Therapy, Founder and Director
- Institute of Therapeutic Studies, Administrator and Instructor, Sports Massage Program
- American Institute of Massage Therapy, Inc., Assistant Instructor, Director, Sports Massage Team
- American Massage Therapy Association – Past roles include President-Elect, President, Immediate Past President, Committee Chair, Member
- University of California, Irvine (UCI) Medical Center – Associate Volunteer Professor, Volunteer Clinical Facility
The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) is an independent, private, nonprofit organization founded in 1992. The mission of NCBTMB is to define and advance the highest standards in the massage therapy and bodywork profession. In support of this mission, NCBTMB serves the profession through Board Certification, Specialty Certificates, an Approved Provider Program, and an Assigned School Code Program. For more information, please visit www.ncbtmb.org.