When I was in massage school up in the mountains of North Carolina, I spent some time working on an organic farm. The work was fun, active, outdoors, and I often came home with a bag of fresh veggies too. Wielding shovel and hoe, I did battle with weeds and insects. Naturally, I deeply appreciated my newfound circle of massage therapists-in-training. But what really surprised me was the difference that was made by learning to move efficiently… in other words, using good body mechanics. When I brought my massage therapist’s Lunge and Weight Transfer out to the spinach field it was nothing short of a revelation. … Read More
Want to learn More About Our Massage Therapy Program?
Join an Upcoming Event
- AMTA Celebrates its 25th Annual National Massage Therapy Awareness Week® | October 24-30, 2021 October 20, 2021
- NHI San Jose Grad Tony Salazar Uses Neuromuscular Therapy to Provide Relief to the Longus Colli October 19, 2021
- Staff Spotlight | NHI Sacramento Admissions Representative Kristie Silva is a Student of Life, Currently Enrolled at NHI October 11, 2021
- NHI Sacramento Grad Oliver Layco Running Boston Marathon to Support Massage Therapy Research October 4, 2021
- NHI Modesto & Sacramento Grad Raquel Anchondo-Lopez Builds on Her Foundation of Intuition with NHI as its Frame September 30, 2021